Merewether beach runs along the southern coastal strip of Newcastle (part of the great north walk) and includes the popular Merewether Ocean Baths.
Merewether is also home to many sporting celebrities, and a pleasant drive to the Hunter Valley where some of Australias finest wines are produced.
- Surfing (body, board, wind, kite or ski).
- Enjoy a walk along the coastline (part of the Great North Walk)
- Swim in one of the world’s great ocean baths
- Relax on the beach and watch the world go by
- Stroll to The Junction where you’ll find great cafés & restaurants and fabulous shopping
- Kayak down the Hunter River to Nobby’s break wall
- Historical walking tour
- Take a 45 minute drive to the vineyards and taste some of Australia’s finest wines
- Sit back with a good book in our beautiful courtyard with a glass of that unique Hunter Valley wine purchased while visiting the vineyards
- Galleries & Museums
- Entertainment Centre
- Shops, Restaurants, Cafés
Where are we…